Can anyone help

Son

Dec 8, 2005
Hi i wondered if there if anyone can help. Today i was told that my sister had alzheimers disease. My sister is 41 years old and she has been ill for quite some time the consultant says that she is between moderate and severe. They have started her on some medication and we was told that we would be refered to a CPN and thats about it. Oh and come back in 6 weeks to see if its genetic. What a day !!!! Can anyone shed some light on the stages please.

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Son, I am sorry to hear about your sister, she is so very young. We do have several members on TP who are caring for younger sufferers so I am sure you will get the support you need. Have you taken a look at the section for younger sufferers? You may find some help there. Please keep posting, we will help all we can. Love She. XX

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Dear Son,

you will find details on TP about the stages that are commonly noted at http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/talkingpoint/discuss/showthread.php?p=16418#post16418

Your sister is very young to have Early Onset dementia - most seem to be around 50, though there has been talk of people in their teens who have dementia. That is immensely rare, and Early Onset dementia is pretty rare as well.

Take a look and see if you can identify what stage you think your sister may be at.

Please don't be slow in coming to Talking Point and airing your concerns, asking whether others have experienced the same challenges etc.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jwpp