Can anyone help please internet question

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Not sure what I am allowed to post re internet providers but mine is the big red one - now it seems I cannot access my email unless I accept all oggle eyed t & Cs which make no sense to me. I don't want to do this, how difficult is it to change providers and emails? I'd be grateful for any advice.
Thanks
Sue

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
If you google "googlemail" you can get a free email account very easily.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
I think you have to accept T&Cs when you sign up no matter which one you use,

Thanks for your reply Jeany, no this a new message to log into my account which I have had for years! I signed up to T&Cs with original company not the ogle eyed one;)It is a mistake by the big red company making assumptions that their customers know everything that they do about their business.

It seems they have resolved it now - I had better not say how:eek:

As long as I can get into my account in the normal way I am content, change to technical things I can't cope with:(

Thanks Noorza, but that is just what I didn't want, if above works I wont need a new one. Thanks again

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Same problem again today, I can't log into my email without signing up to gmail I don't want that:( if anyone can help I'd be grateful
thanks
Sue

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
You can post the name of your ISP.

Are you trying to access your email directly via the web or are you using a client - windows live, thunderbird,...

Can you post the part of your email address after the @

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
email via web or client?
Are you on-net (cable) or off-net (via BT phone line)?

EDIT
You got the bit about via the web during the time edits don't show up.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"...Thank you Nitram, sorry I tried restarting computer to see if that might help.

I have successfully got in with above link. Thank you very much..."

Did you try the link that was failing after the restart?

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
"...Thank you Nitram, sorry I tried restarting computer to see if that might help.

I have successfully got in with above link. Thank you very much..."

Did you try the link that was failing after the restart?

Yes it was after the restart.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The difference with the link and the way you used to access email is that authentication for your email account and your internet account are done in reversed order.

No guarantees it will always work!!!

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
The difference with the link and the way you used to access email is that authentication for your email account and your internet account are done in reversed order.

No guarantees it will always work!!!

That's a bit double dutch for me at the moment, I realise it may not always work and on a better day I'll get onto Virgin to try and get them to sort it properly. In the meantime I'm thankful it works:)