Called for an Ambulance

Andy63

Jul 30, 2022
I have often wondered what will happen if I have to call for an ambulance and taken into hospital. Cannot leave my wife alone at home with advanced Altzheimers? What do the ambulance services do? Just need peace if mind on this? Anyone experienced this?

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Don't worry, it really is a very professional service in my experience.
I was a carer for my wife but then I became ill and it all got taken care of and so did my wife who had advanced early onset AZ.
Literally ended in a car crash due to me getting viral encephalitis, all better now and day at home posting from my kitchen, but don't worry, the NHS can be a pretty professional bunch when needed. Just my experience. K

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Emergency social services will be called out by the police. paramedics will probably call for police back up to stay with your wife until SS either send round carers or arrange emergency respite.

You can also make an emergency plan with your local carers organisation whereby 72 hours of care can be initiated. I think others on the site have signed up to that.

Dont worry.

Andy63

Jul 30, 2022
Don't worry, it really is a very professional service in my experience.
I was a carer for my wife but then I became ill and it all got taken care of and so did my wife who had advanced early onset AZ.
Literally ended in a car crash due to me getting viral encephalitis, all better now and day at home posting from my kitchen, but don't worry, the NHS can be a pretty professional bunch when needed. Just my experience. K
Brilliant, that's peace of mind. Just hope she can summon help if she finds me on the floor. Does not know how to open doors or use the phone now!

Andy63

Jul 30, 2022
Emergency social services will be called out by the police. paramedics will probably call for police back up to stay with your wife until SS either send round carers or arrange emergency respite.

You can also make an emergency plan with your local carers organisation whereby 72 hours of care can be initiated. I think others on the site have signed up to that.

Dont worry.
Ah thank you, I will ask about that. Good thinking