Bye mum

malengwa

Jan 26, 2017
Mum passed away this afternoon. I didn't get there in time. My brothers, my dad, aunt and 2 of her grandchildren were there so I am glad they were there.
Mums Alzheimer's journey was quite short but with a very fast decline in the past 4 months with many utis and lung cancer.
I'm all cried out at the moment.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m so sorry to read of your loss. Sending my sincere condolences.

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
Oh malengwa, I didn't realise there was cancer involved as well.That must have been so difficult for your Mum to understand why she was in a pain. That explans why they started the morphine, for which you can be grateful that eased her pain.

Seems she had most of her family round her, even if you didn't quite make it. At least she is at peace now. No more emergency phone calls

Take time with the family to share memories awhie, before you deal with all the practicalities.

And look after your Dad.

yak55

Jun 15, 2015
Mum passed away this afternoon. I didn't get there in time. My brothers, my dad, aunt and 2 of her grandchildren were there so I am glad they were there.
Mums Alzheimer's journey was quite short but with a very fast decline in the past 4 months with many utis and lung cancer.
I'm all cried out at the moment.
I am sorry x

Scouts girl

Jan 18, 2017
So sorry Malengwa to hear of your loss. I too was not with my mum last week when she passed away, just leaving her side a few hours before to get some rest. They say sometimes our loved ones wait until we have left their side to pass away and I hope this was true of my mum. It is heartbreaking to lose them but like you my mums journey with this awful disease was reasonably short. I shall miss her so much and at the moment it all seems surreal. I have grieved for her during this past year and feel I have no tears left to shed. I am sure the loss will hit me when most unexpected but at the moment just need the company of family and friends and memories to help me cope. Take care of yourself and try and get as much rest as you can. Xx

Babymare01

Apr 22, 2015
Im am so sorry Malengwa. Now though she is at peace. Please don't dwell on that you didn't get there. Your mum know you loved her and that's what matters.

Please take care of yourself in the time ahead.

Hugs xxx

JackyJ

Mar 19, 2013
Weston
I’m so sorry but she’s at peace at last.

I’ve taken up residence in the chair next to mum, since Tuesday, mums expected to pass at anytime so I don’t want to leave her side.

Thinking of you all xx

malengwa

Jan 26, 2017
Thank you. We didn't know if we would have the long vigil and we didn't. I was glad everyone else got there and we're all with her. I had said goodbye last week she blew me a kiss and smiled when I caught it.
Scoutsgirl, I also feel I've been grieving for several months and have been mostly calm today. But oh so tired.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
I’m so sorry but she’s at peace at last.

I’ve taken up residence in the chair next to mum, since Tuesday, mums expected to pass at anytime so I don’t want to leave her side.

Thinking of you all xx

Please take care of yourself JackyJ. Like you, I took up residence on a mattress on the floor next to Mum's bed (in the care home) when she became comatose. I didn't expect her to hang on for 19 days without fluids!

JackyJ

Mar 19, 2013
Weston
Please take care of yourself JackyJ. Like you, I took up residence on a mattress on the floor next to Mum's bed (in the care home) when she became comatose. I didn't expect her to hang on for 19 days without fluids!

Oh Slugsta 19 days I’m so sorry, that’s made me even more sad now with th3 prospect of a long wait. Oh that sounds horrible but after 5 days I don’t have much left.

Love to all x

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
after 5 days I don’t have much left.
That's why i made up my mind not to do 'long vigils'. i would visit during the day, but go home for a 'normal life' about tea-time, knowing I could be called and be there within 10 minutes if necessary. We had 18 emergencies :rolleyes: :eek: in those last 2 and a bit years, and I was so glad my mother was local. Even caused me to lose my job because of them.:(

Must be so much more difficult if you live quite a distance.