Blogs?

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Hi,

Can somebody explain the difference between a blog and a thread please? Is the blog more of a diary, not expecting comments as such? And a thread...more expectant of an immediate response?

Sometimes I just want to pour out how I feel, so would this be more in line with posting on my blog?

Such a strange word!!! And I'm only 39! I sound more like my parents with their "New fangled things"!

Thanks,

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hi Annie,

I think the line between a blog and a post is pretty blurred, and there is no right or wrong answer.

Blogs are not read or responded to by many members. They do not come up if you click New Posts, which I think many members use as a way of catching up - me included.

I posted to my blog when I just wanted to get things off my chest, and didn't want people to feel that they had to respond. One advantage of a blog is that you can restrict the people who read it, by limiting access to Friends and Contacts.

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
I see. (I think!) It was a blurred line for me too, so I suppose I'll stick with where I get most support, which is in the main forum.

Thank you Sue!

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Florence, I think that's a wise decision on your part. I think we've all come here for support and I feel a blog is more restrictive, simply because fewer people read the blogs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbelcher