Birthday Gift

Teal212

Mar 4, 2020
Scotland
I was hoping I might be able to get some ideas.
My Gran moved into a care home in August and i'm new the care home situation and I don't know much about the ins and outs especially because I haven't even been inside my Grans care home yet or even seen her room (covid).
We have given her some personal bits for her room, like the care home suggested but my Gran's birthday is coming up next week and i'm not sure what to get her, is there anything useful that maybe any of your loved ones have appreciated? I'm just really stumped as to what i can hand in to her, any ideas would be great, thank you.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
As dad's main carer before he went into the home I knew which clothes he needed however I would suggest a new photo album with photos that you could put in together albeit virtually. Of course dad was diabetic so I brought in sugar-free treats and on his birthday I bought him a CD and cassette player so that he could play some of his old CDs and cassettes. These are available at Argos or how perfume and smellies.

MaNaAk

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
Mum is going to receive one of these robot cats for Christmas!
But they cost 100 pounds so may not be ‘purfect’!
1603372832683.jpeg

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
We got Mummy a fleecy throw and cushion (later that staff used this as a bed set) printed with pictures of her grandchildren, from digital photos.
Mummy liked the blanket and in better times enjoyed telling the staff about her grandchildren. Fleece blankets tend to respond quite well to severe washing.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
The best present I bought for mum was a light catcher to hang in the window of her room. It threw all sorts of coloured light around the room. I dont know what stage your Gran is, though, and it probably works best in the later stages,

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACampbell