Big deterioration in the last few days!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
He won't be admitted to hospital unless he is ill. Or unless things reach emergency pitch here or he falls again and actually injures himself. He's fallen several times, but I swear, he seems to be made of rubber! Bounces off the ground with no ill effects!! I wish I did! I've got a weak ankle from one fall and re -damaged a bad shoulder in another in the last few years!

Sent from my C1905 using Talking Point mobile app

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Lady A I'm so sorry that your troubles just go on and on. There doesn't appear to be any end in sight until that letter appears.

Sorry I've no advice-just wanting to let you know that you have my sympathy

Take care

Lyn T XXX

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Have 'things' not reached emergency pitch with all the problems you're having even with the help of your very able carer? LadyA your own safety and health must be your first consideration. You're going to need all your health and strength to go on caring for William even when he is in a nursing home. Big hug.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Oh no. As a friend of mine says " Is there blood? No? Everything's fine then!" - she's got six children. :)

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
you mean the two black eyes I would end up with if I were to do any naked running might lend weight to my plea that I can't cope?! ;) :D

Might make you a fortune if it was on youtube though.;)

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
And on it goes! The care assistant has been injured and will be off for a few days! They said they could send someone else, a young woman! But that they had been told there might be problems with that. I told them not to send a woman out to William, there's no point. The man who comes can't always manage him. He just won't get washed for a few days. At this stage I don't even care, which is sad and frightening.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
And on it goes! The care assistant has been injured and will be off for a few days! They said they could send someone else, a young woman! But that they had been told there might be problems with that. I told them not to send a woman out to William, there's no point. The man who comes can't always manage him. He just won't get washed for a few days. At this stage I don't even care, which is sad and frightening.

LadyA - what I have to say will not help your situation one little bit. But I have to let you know that anyone who reads your tale, absolutely chock-full of frustration, cannot help but be brimming with sympathy for you.

I don't know how you have coped the way you have, and this b*gger of a "fund-holder", who is in charge of the huge lever that releases the funds, is probably a jumped up little squirt, acting like God.

I pray daily that those funds are released. For the life of me, I don't understand the way this works, but nobody would blame you if you chained yourself to the Town Hall railings, stark naked, singing "Yankee Doodle Dandy"! :)

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
nobody would blame you if you chained yourself to the Town Hall railings, stark naked, singing "Yankee Doodle Dandy"! :)

But only if you sang in tune.... :eek: :D

Oh LadyA..... it will get sorted. I'm sure it will get sorted.... It had better get sorted.....

Hugs xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
This resistance to personal care is what made the primary care assessor be very firm about Fred going into care (sorry 3 cares in one sentence!) It is now taking 2 and sometimes 3 carers to cope as he has taken to lying on the floor to prevent it, and often during the day as well. I wonder why he has started doing that - says he has to be there. What I am saying is that is that I am so sorry you can't get William in immediately as he and Fred seem at a similar stage and it must be so hard for you not to have an 'end date'.

Sent from my GT-N5110

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
This resistance to personal care is what made the primary care assessor be very firm about Fred going into care (sorry 3 cares in one sentence!) It is now taking 2 and sometimes 3 carers to cope as he has taken to lying on the floor to prevent it, and often during the day as well. I wonder why he has started doing that - says he has to be there. What I am saying is that is that I am so sorry you can't get William in immediately as he and Fred seem at a similar stage and it must be so hard for you not to have an 'end date'.

Sent from my GT-N5110
Thank God, it comes and goes with William. Tonight, he was a lamb. No problem at all. But of course, the good days lull me into a false sense of security - but no more! It's happened often enough that I do know I can't continue to manage him here. It's not fair on either of us.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk

Sounds like one of the SW's who wanted to send a disabled SW to me who used a wheelchair. I had to refuse. I'm disabled myself. At the time, I was dealing with major temper tantrums from hubby. They agreed I wouldn't be able to protect the woman and changed their minds.

Then changed 'em back again :mad:

In the end, I told them to forget the meeting! Ah, you what? Life!:confused:

Don't be blown over by someone's silliness at this point, LadyA. Thinking of you, xx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
The care assistant is back to work! He got his GP to give him plenty of tablets, he said! :D So, William got a bath yesterday evening. This morning, I texted the CA before 7 to tell him he didn't need to come - he would have been due at around 7.40 to get William up and dressed as I'm out to work this morning. Mr. William however, had been up most of the night (again), and his usual trick on those nights is to head back to bed at about 6.30 or 7 and fall into a dead sleep - so I knew trying to get him up then would be very difficult and he'd be in very bad form, which would make for an unpleasant experience all round, and quite possibly lead to aggression on his part. So, I outsmarted him - I took him to the loo at 6.30 and then got him dressed before he knew what was happening! Now he's had his morning meds and is fast asleep in his armchair!:) Ladya, 10 points!:D

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Don't take this the wrong way Lady A-but I hope William stays asleep for a good few hours (not trying to get rid of him:eek:)

Are you going to get some more sleep yourself-or some 'me' time.

When Pete was at home and had a day time sleep I used to catch up on 'quiet' chores and unplug the phone so there was as little noise as possible.

I hope your morning stays as quiet as possible

Take care

Lyn T