Big business eh?

rhubarbtree

Jan 7, 2015
North West
Two new large care/nursing homes are opening within ten minutes of us. Have not seen prices yet but I can only think added competition will keep everyone on their toes. Anyone who has read my personal thread will know that I was not happy with the local one where OH had a week's respite.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Two new large care/nursing homes are opening within ten minutes of us. Have not seen prices yet but I can only think added competition will keep everyone on their toes. Anyone who has read my personal thread will know that I was not happy with the local one where OH had a week's respite.
Large nursing homes are opening where I live too. One of them is in the converted police HQ!!
Added competition is good, you are right there.
warmest, Kindred.

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
We live in an area with a high proportion of elderly residents so we already have quite a lot of care homes. The newest one (about a mile away from my mother's) is purpose-built and opened three years ago. It's top-end expensive, the five star hotel type with a cinema, spa, bistro - not things my mother would have any use for.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
There seems to be quite a shortage of beds available here so new care homes are just meeting the demand and so I don't think that anyone is really needing to be competitive. I ran into my old GP. a few days ago and discovered that he and another practiser have built a new nursing home and are running their practices from there. They are now building a new one in another suburb because as he saw it, with the population aging at an ever increasing rate, it made a particularly good business model to do so.A

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
There are rumours that a local closed down pub near me is to be demolished in order to build a care home of some sort. For me it would be a blessing as only 300 yards from where I live and would be great for OH keeping her close to all she knows.