Beverley

B Jowitt

Dec 11, 2023
Hello, my name is Beverley, I have been caring for my mum for nearly three years now and someone has told me that the best thing for her is to go to sleep and not wake up again, I am upset about this.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Oh dear @B Jowitt (Beverley), no wonder you are so upset, that was a totally uncalled for remark. I would imagine that they have very little experience of dementia. I know that it is hard but please pay no attention to them.
Now that you have found us I hope that you will continue to post on here, either for advice or just to let off steam. Our members have lots of experience of all aspects of dementia and are always willing to share their experiences with others.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @B Jowitt and welcome to this friendly and supportive forum from me also. There is a lot of shared experience of dementia to be found here, so I am glad you have found us.

Whoever made that remark to you - it was so uncalled for and I can only imagine the upset it has caused you. Please try to ignore it.
I hope you will find this forum useful for information, and any particular advice if you need it, do just ask, as members here really do want to help. You may want to start a thread in the following section of the forum.

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
@B Jowitt , some people don’t understand at all. I am so sorry to read of the insensitivity you have encountered. You will not get that on here. You will get advice garnered from experience and you will get compassion and friendship that often feels so much stronger than we get from people we’ve known for a while.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Welcome @B Jowitt

i hope you’re able to put that comment to the back of your mind. How very upsetting. I’ve found people who haven’t cared themselves make all sorts of insensitive remarks that can be very upsetting. It does make it hard to maintain friendships at times.

Keep posting here If it helps.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chez63