We are looking, yet again, at suitable Homes which will take Mum, and are being pointed towards 2 Homes which would be able to meet her needs. One is more local but still a distance, the other being just 15 mins further and a more pleasant journey. Have been to see the first place but was not at all impressed. Of course it is difficult to know what the care is like, and that care is the most important thing. But unless Mum is placed there this is something we cannot know, and even if it proved to be less than we wished, who would want to make yet more changes as change does Mum no good whatsoever. We see the other Home tomorrow. There are vacancies at the first Home, none at our potentially favoured Home. The assessment unit where mum is has indicated she may have to move into a temporary placement should we need to wait for a bed, but we feel very strongly that this is not in her best interests. She is doing much better on the assessment ward, and we just cannot see her doing well in the environment we have seen today. There were some positives, but overall it just felt wrong on many levels. Can anyone offer some words of wisdom? Feeling pretty desperate with it all, and actauuly feel like saying enough! Just bring her back home again. Would this be allowed under 117 discharge?