bernice

bernice

Dec 18, 2011
hi, My husband has early alzhiemers and other health problems. Our house is prettty old and therefore high maintenace. Hubby and I struggle with small mjobs around the house. Anyway problem solved as we have found a wonderful service and thought it would be useful to others. The British legion have a fleet of small vans driven by wonderful men who are able to undertake small jobs around the home. There is no charge but you have to supply materials. They undertake anything from putting in a light bulb to general repairs. The scheme is open to anybody or widows/widowers of anybody who has ever been in any of the services. All they require is the service number.

The chap who came to us fixed the fire alarm, put a chain on the front door, mended the gate, put the carbon monoxide detector on the wall, put a hand rail on the attic stairs, tightened up the loo seat and mended the catch on the bedroom door. Added to this he was so polite and considerate of my husband who thought he ought to offer his advice. To get hold of them just log onto the British legion website