Being sectioned

Tubbsy

Sep 5, 2010
Surrey
Ok, long story short....my mum has had carers twice a day for aboutm2 months now but it hasn't really been working out ie she's rude and aggressive to them and won't do anything they're being to paid to help with eg personal care, walking the dog. In fact she's given up walking the dog and won't even let him in the garden which has led to him soiling in the house and her spreading it around from her shoes which she won't take off. As of today, I've been told that for the last few days she has refused to let the carers into the house and tells them to go away and never come back. She's been referred urgently to mental health, something which the GP failed to do over a month ago and an assessment is taking place next week. I have the dog situation under control but am wondering if anyone thinks she might be sectioned? it's what I want to happen as she has been severely neglecting herself for months now and a neighbour has reported to the GP that she wanders about outside her house and god knows where else.

BR_ANA

Jun 27, 2012
Brazil
I don't know. But it is obvious that she is in need of more care.

House soiled with dog poo seems an emergency.

Tubbsy

Sep 5, 2010
Surrey
Well, the assessment was brought forward to today. Neither I nor my brother could be there and my mum refused entry to the social worker and mental health care nurse. They used the key safe and as a result of what they saw, how my mother behaved and what they already knew, she is to be sectioned on Monday and I have to be there. I know it's the best thing but I really never imagined I would be in this situation. My mother will hate me for the rest of her days I'm sure.

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Don't be too downhearted. Sometimes sectioning and sorting out medication and new accommodation has very good results. Your mother is in no fit condition to carry on as she is and if you have to bear the burden of her anger, at least you know she will be safe.

Best wishes to you.

xxTinaT