BBC re areas with bad care homes

Discussion in 'Dementia-related news and campaigns' started by jugglingmum, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Helly68

Helly68 Registered User

Mar 12, 2018
    I love the way the article quotes the Government saying "We expect everyone to be able to access high quality care"
    Yes, right. Except if you loved one is deemed "challenging", you live in an area where there a few "good" homes or the Local Authority can't afford the level of care needed.

2. Sarasa

Sarasa Registered User

Apr 13, 2018
    Interesting. I'm lucky to live in one of the areas with less than 5% of beds being thought of as poor. Great, if you can pay for it. The Government can 'expect' all it wants but until it actually comes up with a policy to improve matters that isn't really going to help anyone.

3. Jaded'n'faded

Jaded'n'faded Registered User

Jan 23, 2019
    Female
    High Peak
    My thoughts exactly:

"We expect everyone to be able to access high quality, safe and compassionate care," a Department of Health and Social Care spokesman added.

That's nothing more than a nice idea :mad: