BBC 2 now

Baker17

Mar 9, 2016
just watching an interesting programme about people stuck in hospital because of lack of social care

Baker17

Mar 9, 2016
I switched over, I couldn't watch it - it brought up too many bad memories.
I’m sorry it upset you, I didn’t mean it to upset anyone, I luckily haven’t been through that, but it shows the difficulties that Carers face and it struck a cord when one daughter had to tell a lie to her dad about going into residential care saying it was a rehabilitation place because he was adamant he wanted to go home, he was at home only 24 hours before being taken back to hospital due to being found unconscious so sad x

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
I have been watching the series and it is very depressing. This episode about the vulnerable elderly stuck in hospital with no care available outside is the most depressing of the lot, and there is no quick fix so people will be marooned in hospital unnecessarily.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I’m sorry it upset you, I didn’t mean it to upset anyone, I luckily haven’t been through that, but it shows the difficulties that Carers face and it struck a cord when one daughter had to tell a lie to her dad about going into residential care saying it was a rehabilitation place because he was adamant he wanted to go home, he was at home only 24 hours before being taken back to hospital due to being found unconscious so sad x
You didn't upset me, I'd already switched over before you wrote about it, so don't worry, but whenever dementia or social care now come up anywhere, I can barely watch it.

Baker17

Mar 9, 2016
I have been watching the series and it is very depressing. This episode about the vulnerable elderly stuck in hospital with no care available outside is the most depressing of the lot, and there is no quick fix so people will be marooned in hospital unnecessarily.
I agree with you it seems that no one wants to take responsibility until there is a crisis for beds

Baker17

Mar 9, 2016
You didn't upset me, I'd already switched over before you wrote about it, so don't worry, but whenever dementia or social care now come up anywhere, I can barely watch it.
I can’t watch things about dementia either, people have said to me did you see such and such, living it everyday you can’t and don’t need to watch because I find it so upsetting but I started to watch and needed to find out what SS actually do in these cases, it seems the NHS purchase beds in private residential care

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
I agree with you it seems that no one wants to take responsibility until there is a crisis for beds
Unfortunately even a bed crisis is a temporary issue because, as the social worker said, she is just worried that this time next year the same situation will have become the norm. I can’t say more because it’s unsayable.

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
The other thing that struck me was how generous it was of the participants to share their stories with us when they were very painful experiences for them .