Bathroom problems

Tiffany Penton

Nov 5, 2023
Hello everyone my name is Tiffany i have a t12 spinal cord injury for short it’s called SCI i also have brain damage and can’t really remember to use the bathroom i have been trying to set a timer but sometimes forget to i have been getting UTIs back to back im really scared to get a hole on the side of my body I was reading about some kind of tampon that you insert an a valve. Just need help please I’ve been this way for about ten years now i really cant even remember that Please help me im so alone definitely don’t wanna die from a kidney infection are uti because im catching seizures as well.

Ning76

Nov 2, 2023
Hi Tiffany
Just to let you know I have read your post and want to welcome you. I am sorry to hear about your health problems. You are trying so hard to deal with your memory problems including re using the bathroom in time, but I am concerned about the uti’s which are so frequent. Maybe you need to see your GP for advice? I have heard that taking a cranberry supplement can help to avoid UTI’s. Also drinking plenty of fluids ideally water when you have an infection. We do understand memory issues here so please don’t feel alone.

Ning76

Nov 2, 2023
Hi Tiffany
Just to let you know I have read your post and want to welcome you. I am sorry to hear about your health problems. You are trying so hard to deal with your memory problems including re using the bathroom in time, but I am concerned about the uti’s which are so frequent. Maybe you need to see your GP for advice? I have heard that taking a cranberry supplement can help to avoid UTI’s. Also drinking plenty of fluids ideally water when you have an infection. We do understand memory issues here so please don’t feel alone.

Ning76

Nov 2, 2023
I am not always managing to post my replies successfully so I will try again.
Hi Tiffany,
I just wanted to let you know that I have read your post and to say welcome. We do understand how difficult it is to have memory problems and when you have other serious health issues, life can be very challenging. Have you seen your GP about the UTI’s? I often have to go back to my GP with recurrent UTIs. I take anti biotics but I have heard that taking cranberry supplements can help as a preventative measure. Also drinking plenty of fluids, particularly water, when you feel an infection coming on.

Ning76

Nov 2, 2023
Hello everyone my name is Tiffany i have a t12 spinal cord injury for short it’s called SCI i also have brain damage and can’t really remember to use the bathroom i have been trying to set a timer but sometimes forget to i have been getting UTIs back to back im really scared to get a hole on the side of my body I was reading about some kind of tampon that you insert an a valve. Just need help please I’ve been this way for about ten years now i really cant even remember that Please help me im so alone definitely don’t wanna die from a kidney infection are uti because im catching seizures as well.
Hi Tiffany
I have tried to reply to you but not sure why my responses aren’t getting through. Just to welcome you and let you know that we do understand how hard memory problems can be. You are also dealing with your other health issues too. It’s a lot to cope with. Have you seen your GP regarding your frequent UTIs?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Tiffany Penton. I’m so sorry to read about your difficulties.

I agree that you should contact your doctor and talk to them about the problem. They will be able to investigate and help you. I’m glad you’ve found this forum. You’ll get lots of understanding and support here.

@Ning76 your replies are all showing. You seem to be posting successfully.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I have tried to reply to you but not sure why my responses aren’t getting through.
Knowing what's going on may help you.
You are going back to an old browser session and not seeing latest posts.
Don't know your system, using an old tab or some kind of back button will do this.

If it happens clicking >>here<< will take you to a list of your posts, clicking on any post will take you to the updated thread.

Hima

Apr 30, 2024
Hi Tiffany,
Sounds like you are going through a lot. But, I am sure you are not alone in the journey.
It's great that you're reaching out for help. Have you spoken with your family members and a healthcare professional about your concerns?

They can provide guidance and support tailored to your specific needs.

Please take care.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ering