1. Vic10

Vic10 Registered User

Feb 18, 2017
    Just wanted to share;
    My OH has difficulty finding the light switch at night and as we all know delays are not good when the toilet is required. Generally I’m awake and am able to put the light on, however, there are occasions when I fail to wake up.
    Excuse the pun.....I had a lightbulb moment!
    An electrician has fitted a motion sensor, so, as the door is opened light comes on and after leaving the bathroom a short time the light goes off. Works a treat and didn’t cost the earth!

2. Moggymad

Moggymad Registered User

May 12, 2017
    Female
    Good idea @Vic10 I used a plug in night light which conveniently plugged in next to the bathroom door. It was on all night but despite only having a low output was sufficient light for mum it find her way. She always left the toilet door open anyway so didn't need to put any other lights on. I also use one at home myself.

3. Lawson58

Lawson58 Registered User

My husband was leaving puddles on the bathroom floor but of course it wasn't him!

It only happened during the night so I bought some inexpensive plug in lights that had built in motion sensors to turn them on. No more problems.

The door idea is a good one except that we don't always leave our door closed.

4. Vitesse

Vitesse Registered User

Oct 26, 2016
    My friend had a sensor under a rug next to the bed, so that she heard it if her husband got out of bed.