Bathing

Angela61

Dec 30, 2021
I would appreciate any advice regarding bathing or lack of it. Up until recently my husband with Alzheimers (phase 5ish) would have a daily bath although often with a LOT of enouragement. This week since Saturday NO bath. He agrees to have a bath run for him then when it's run he just won't have it. I've tried everything HELP. He's also wet himself on Sunday and he's still wearing the same long John's I know it's a dementia behaviour BUT how can I support him with his personal hygiene?
Also, it's our 42nd wedding anniversary today ' Til deadth do us part' I HATE that add..

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Years back I think on this site someone said get a double shower compartment shower fitted rather than a bath, you wash my back, I'll wash yours.
Wish I'd done it, baths for her were so hard to do, both naked in a shower together,...makes you more equal somehow, have to stop I'm crying.
K

Angela61

Dec 30, 2021
Years back I think on this site someone said get a double shower compartment shower fitted rather than a bath, you wash my back, I'll wash yours.
Wish I'd done it, baths for her were so hard to do, both naked in a shower together,...makes you more equal somehow, have to stop I'm crying.
K
Thank you Kevin1: