bathing

pingpong**

Oct 30, 2017
Hi
Does anyone have any advice on how to get my dad to bathe? He is too physically strong to lead him there, and when we suggest it, he just says no. He still goes to the toilet himself, but is somehow wiping mess on his clothes and we are struggling to even change them.

sue_1

Mar 29, 2017
Bristol
Hi pingpong, I can't give much advice on what to do but can say what I done when I had the same problem with mum. I got a carer to come in once a week (self funding) to shower mum as the smell was begining to affect everyone in the house, mum still tries to get out of having a shower but so far they have managed to shower her, I know some say its their rights not to if they dont want a shower but when it affects others living in the same house it has to be done.....

pingpong**

Oct 30, 2017
Hi pingpong, I can't give much advice on what to do but can say what I done when I had the same problem with mum. I got a carer to come in once a week (self funding) to shower mum as the smell was begining to affect everyone in the house, mum still tries to get out of having a shower but so far they have managed to shower her, I know some say its their rights not to if they dont want a shower but when it affects others living in the same house it has to be done.....
Thanks for that. I will suggest it to my mom, possibly having someone who isn't emotionally involved may help. Your right, its a balance between them deciding for themselves and making sure they are cared for properly, and to see my proud dad like this is horrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kdickson3012