Bad day

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Today has been a bad day, my husband is still talking all the time about his stolen shirts l have had 4 days of it tried scarlett's advice no luck bought new shirts he doesn't like them, he went out at 5pm tonight still not back at 7pm a friend in the village phoned to say he was with her he wanted to stay the night, he had knocked on several doors asking for a room for the night. My son collected him from friends house and bought him home, he no longer wants to stay here as he said this is not his house, gave him hot chocolate and a sleeping pill, now out for the count, what a day hope tomorrow is better wishful thinking ♥♥♥

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Talking Point mobile app

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
So tough on you pamann.

I was lucky, my husband went to our son`s who lives a five minute walk away when he didn`t see this as his home and slept there. Often after an hour he would wake and come home willingly.

This `
he went out at 5pm tonight still not back at 7pm
brought it all back to me, the uncertainty, the fear . I really do feel for you.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Today has been a bad day, my husband is still talking all the time about his stolen shirts l have had 4 days of it tried scarlett's advice no luck bought new shirts he doesn't like them, he went out at 5pm tonight still not back at 7pm a friend in the village phoned to say he was with her he wanted to stay the night, he had knocked on several doors asking for a room for the night. My son collected him from friends house and bought him home, he no longer wants to stay here as he said this is not his house, gave him hot chocolate and a sleeping pill, now out for the count, what a day hope tomorrow is better wishful thinking ♥♥♥

Oh Pamann. I thought it was bad the first time my hubby asked me "Where am I?"

This is too awful. I do so hope this quickly passes. Hugs to you both.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you everyone who replied to my bad day your xupport is much apprieciated, my friend he went to is a carer for Alzheimer sufferers, she thinks l should get him in a home for 2wks respite to give me a rest from caring easier said than done, l do get 8hrs break a week, any ideas. ♥♡♥

malomm

Mar 23, 2014
Campania Region, Italy
Bad days -good days

Hello paman, sorry to hear you had a bad day, and hope today is better for you. I know the worry it causes when the OH goes off on their own, and then have you worried sick where they might have got to. A couple of days ago my wife went off on her own, insisting she walk to our garden; which is a ten minute drive from home. Would not listen when I pointed out how far it was, got quite nasty when I insisted I would drive her there.
Walked out and off she went. Found her in the local cemetery, having a lengthy conversation with her parents and brother. Yesterday was a good day on the whole, we went out together shopping for upcoming birthday and saint's days presents for relatives. This morning is a bad day! Present parcels ripped open, and 'how dare you put shopping bags on my dining room table' and 'who did you buy this lot for, without telling me?'
In the meantime the daily minestrone with pasta (only 1 dish, the same one every day:) ) burning on the stove!
keep smiling,
malomm

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Pamann I hope today will be better. My GP suggested that I get an early appointment for the psychiatric consultant who might prescribe something other than Zopiclone which I know your husband is on too. She mentioned Halperidol. So far he is OK but your OH seems further along so perhaps another opinion on medication is not a bad idea. Your friend too who sees you needing a break is right. I will certainly use any break I can get when the time comes as there is no use in both of us coming apart and some days it gets close indeed.

Thinking of you and hoping for better times.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Oh, how awful for you! Could you not contact his Social Worker, and beg for respite? This is not good for either of you. Supposing the person he went to wasn't a carer themselves? Such a rotten worry for you.

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Pamann and Malomm Sorry to hear we are all having a trying time - one way and another. My husband's NH staff say it is the change to cooler weather - lets hope the forecast mini heat wave next week changes things - but they said it was the full moon a few weeks ago so who knows. Personally I just think it is dementia.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Today has been a better day as my son has been here all day, also hubby's sister, hubby has told them that he tried to get a room for the night, as he doesn't live hear but they could not convince him that this is his home, he is much calmer not been angry and aggressive. I phoned his Dr. Unless l feel threatened they cannot section him, thank you Malomm, Marionq, scarlett, wife and truth24 carrying on caring ♥♥♥