Back in hospital again, what can you do?

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
That was an awful day, so sorry @Kikki21. I hope your mum gets her care home bed soon, C caught a UTI while waiting for a care package 4 years ago, so you have the stress of making sure she is still being looked after in the hospital.

Really glad C is back home! Phew & yes hopefully you can both relax.
Oh yes I have had a bellyfull of hospital dramas, getting PALS involved, preventing unsafe discharged. The care though has been good but sometimes you do have to keep on at the staff to ensure they carry out what they say they will.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Ive just found this thread and when I started reading I was like - NOOOOOOOO!!!!
Im so glad she is home now
xxx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
A late catch up Rob. Glad A&E was not too bad, it can be a nightmare, and that you are both back home. Hopefully in bed asleep. Wishing you a restful night and a better tomorrow.

Loo x

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Rob, sorry for the late reply, eventful day here today and I'm catching up.

I was SO sorry to hear you had to go to hospital, but thank goodness you were able to come home. Those long waits in A&E are torment but an admission is no fun either.

Hope you both get some sleep tonight and let us know how things are tomorrow when you get a chance, please.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m so glad that C is home with you. I hope things were calm overnight and that C picks up well from now on. You must be physically and mentally exhausted. I hope you can get some rest today.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thanks for all the good wishes.
I got up early in case the agency carer came early to get C ready for her day centre, but when she got here we agreed to let C rest and she will come back later. We may pop out to our favourite country pub for Welsh rarebit lunch if we have recovered by then. Got to have a wee treat. :)

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Maybe a trip out is isn't such a good idea, if C is not ready for welsh rarebit then she needs a few more days rest. ;)

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
if your weather is anything like that here (drizzling, damp and dull), definitely best to stay inside warm and comfortable - have a restful, peaceful day the 2 of you

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I hope you have had a peaceful and rested day Rob, and feel the better for it. Emotional exhaustion can knock the stuffing out of you more than physical. Also hoping C is alright.

Loo x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
No wonder you don't have the energy Rob. I hope you're both managing to get that much needed rest and that C is improving.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thanks Loo, DollyBird, Izzy and everybody. I went back to bed for a couple of hours in the afternoon, which helped. C is still a bit under the weather sadly, a wet bed morning has confused and upset her. She took her pad off during the night and I was too tired to notice, not on the ball this week. She only has 3 days supply of antibiotics which takes us into the weekend, so I'm not sure if that will clear the infection of we will start again with a call to 111.