Attendance allowance

LPT

Feb 3, 2024
Hiya all,
My father will be self funded, do I still need to fill out the attendance allowance form? What are the actual benefits to doing it? I'm reading so many mixed things and I'm confused.

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
Attendance Allowance is used for whatever makes life easier for your father and/or his carers by paying for things for him.
Yes, you have to apply for it and if he is self funding care then it can go towards those costs.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @LPT Attendanec Allowance isn't a means tested benefit so as long as your father is eligible for this the fact that he is self-funding will not make a difference to whether he receives Attendance Allowance or not. It's definitely worth applying for as it's extra money that can go towards his care or other things that he might need. It's important that when filling out the application form you base it on your father's 'worst day', and Age UK have a good information document which you may find helpful - see link below. Hope this helps but any other queries let us know as there's plenty of good help and advice here.

Age UK Attendance Allowance Information

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janet1980