At my wits end

How lucky am i

May 8, 2024
My mom has Lewy body and doesn’t stop crying about anything I moved her pillows like she has asked then it’s why you moved them I’m getting confused myself as I keep getting told you shouldn’t expect a rational conversation can any one relate to this ?

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
We're over here, not waving but drowning.
Times of the day and days of the week do get quiet on here sometimes.
Meal times, bed time and the day after a bank holiday weekend like today it does get quiet.
Still only 3 minutes until wine o'clock.
Don't worry, always someone here to listen. K

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hi @How lucky am i if you are reading this then you have cracked how to read replies. For any thread (or post) that you make replies can be found by scrolling down. When there are more than 20 posts a second page will open and replies can be read by moving between the pages using the blue "Next" button.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
My mom has Lewy body and doesn’t stop crying about anything I moved her pillows like she has asked then it’s why you moved them I’m getting confused myself as I keep getting told you shouldn’t expect a rational conversation can any one relate to this ?
Im sorry to say that the advice is right - you cant expect a rational conversation with dementia.
Im guessing that your mom has very advanced dementia now and cannot remember that she asked you to move her pillows. She may well be able to relate to things "in the moment"

Angel55

Oct 23, 2023
💗 Hello

My Dad doesn't have lewy body dementia but he cries a lot , his emotions are not controllable sometimes, he might wear a new easier to fasten shirt or try easier shoes but we always end up even a few mins later reverting back to what was before even if he asks us to get these things. Makes little sense either but then this is dementia and I can't make sense of it myself.

Maybe the pillows just do not feel right, maybe your mum is just seeking some comfort and the pillows are just a way of expressing that. If we were able to move our own pillows it would be moving them this way and that trying to get the right position. I would tend to 'pretend' to move the pillows to be fair, fluff them up a bit maybe. It is hard but easier to go with it rather than try and reason.

Sending you a cyber hug..x