'Are we on a bus?'

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Today my husband has been as sleepy as ever although the last few nights have been relatively undisturbed (according to records :rolleyes:). He looks grey, old and very tired.

During his wakefulness he would say 'are we on a bus?'. Replied, 'no do you feel you are moving? 'Yes', would come his answer!!!! This happened most of the afternoon with comments like 'I am bored with this journey but not long now!!'.

I have googled and there seems to be some reference to vascular issues.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Jan

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
No experience Jan. Yet another phase maybe:confused:

I am so sorry to read hubby is right now. Seems like downward turns all round. How sad for you both. Thinking about you.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Sorry Jan...another step along the way, perhaps?

Eric is now fixating about having to go to work..my whole morning was spent trying to make him realise that he no longer works..his workplace no longer exists...the people he worked with will not be there...

And there truly was no "underlying" reason for me refusing to get him in the car and drive him to his workplace....:confused::eek: But he thought there was.

That inbetween supervising toilet visits and washing the floor in his bathroom..changing and washing him....

There are no answers.

Just the onslaught of another day.

Wish I could say something comforting and positve...:eek:

It does seem relentless just now..for so many of us.

Love xx

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
This is a new one to me as well. Have they checked his ears Jan? It occurs to me that a sensation of moving might be due to either an ear infection or even wax buildup.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I, too, thought of having his ears checked Jan. I have experienced labrynthitis which is quite a horrible sensation.

I don't suppose there is any way of knowing apart from a process of elimination, starting with his ears.

Love and a big (HUG) because I know how distressing these things can be.

fredsnail

Dec 21, 2008
In the past Grandad has thought he was on a never ending train journey - even pointing out when we'd stopped at a station and started off again, complaining the conductor hadn't stopped long enough for anyone to get on or off.

It was a phase - but also before he had to have his ears syringed due to the amount of solid wax.