Are my feelings "normal "

lindaann

May 21, 2024
Hello, I'm new to this forum and dealing with my husbands newly diagnosed dementia. I feel frustrated, angry, emotional and tied of coping with everything, is this normal?

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
A very warm welcome @lindaann. what you are describing is totally normal, in fact I think I'd be more worried if you were taking everything in your stride. A diagnosis turns everything you were expecting on its head, but there is support and help out there. This forum for a start is invaluable, as nothing is off limits, and they'll always be someone around to listen. I'm sure others will be along soon with their tips and suggestions as to how to navigate the dementia path, but I wonder if these fact sheets would be useful.

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
Hello @lindaann and welcome. You will find lots of support and advice on here as we all find our way through this dreadful disease.
I would say your feelings are totally normal and completely understandable. Do you get any help or support? It is easy for carers to forget about their own needs. You could look to see if there is a carers centre in your area.
Have you had any input from social services? Maybe now would be a good time to start a conversation with them.

lindaann

May 21, 2024
Thank you all for your quick response. I will take your advice on board and will come back to the forum later.