Appointment

rhibeth1

Jul 3, 2021
Hello my dad has had his pre assessment at the memory clinic the 16th September it was done by a nurse practitioner who was very good and patient with my dad the questions she was asking was to try and get a background picture about his life but every question she asked he was giving a totally different answer to not remembering things like how him and mum met how his parents passed away where did he work everything he said was totally irrelevant so the nurse practitioner said the next step would be to see the consultant to give a formal diagnosis so here’s hoping to see the consultant before christmas I do have a lpa in progress for both health and finances

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
That sounds like a start @rhibeth1. I never managed to get my mother to engage with the memory clinic, but when an Occupational Therapist came round mum did what she thought was a great job at showing her how together she was and how well she was managing. Like your dad her answers to questions sounded convincing but weren't always very relevant.
Does your dad live alone and does he have any help coming in? Now might be the time to start organising that. Mind you I could never persuade my mother she needed any help, even though she often admitted housework was getting too much for her.

rhibeth1

Jul 3, 2021
Yes is friend pops in most days but never tells me much but I have discussed with dad about having help in and he sort of agreed to it but my main thing is his tablets still come in boxes as the pharmacy won’t do the blister packs apparently memory loss isn’t a good enough cause to have them in blister packs even though I said it be easier for his friend to check as well but no they not having it which is so frustrating.maybe it will have to be another pharmacy

Cazcaz

Apr 3, 2021
Yes is friend pops in most days but never tells me much but I have discussed with dad about having help in and he sort of agreed to it but my main thing is his tablets still come in boxes as the pharmacy won’t do the blister packs apparently memory loss isn’t a good enough cause to have them in blister packs even though I said it be easier for his friend to check as well but no they not having it which is so frustrating.maybe it will have to be another pharmacy
Wait til you have an official diagnosis and the LPA. That should mean the pharmacy listens to you. You could even collect the meds or have them delivered or ask the friend to be the delivery ‘point’. Otherwise, like you say, it will have to be another pharmacy. It is not right for a pharmacy to be so difficult.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare