1. Welcome to Talking Point - an online community for everyone who is affected by dementia. Whether you have dementia or know someone who does, we will be there for you.

    Sign up to join the community, or Log in if you're already a member.

    If you need help using Talking Point, read our Help pages or contact us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk

App for keeping records

Discussion in 'Legal and financial issues' started by Emerion, May 8, 2018.

  1. Emerion

    Emerion Registered User

    Sep 21, 2017
    Has anyone found an app that helps you to keep simple records of expenditure as an attorney? I don't need a complex accounts package, but I want something a bit more organised and friendly than simple notes.
  2. Philbo

    Philbo Registered User

    Feb 28, 2017
    I just use a simple Excel spreadsheet for keeping a log of any expenditure for my wife (PWD).

    I only do this so that when the time comes that her savings/half of our joint current account drops below the SS threshold, I can demonstrate where the money has been spent. At present, she would be self funding so not had to have any financial assessments but if and when we need to consider full time care, then this would quickly take her below the £23,250 level.

  3. jaymor

    jaymor Volunteer Moderator

    Jul 14, 2006
    Go in the App Store and type in spreadsheets, lots to choose from.

    You can buy account books from a good stationers, I used them for my husband when he found it too difficult to access his business accounts on the computer. He had a paper copy and I worked from the computer.

Share This Page