1. Our next Q&A session is on the topic of Christmas and dementia.This time we want our Q&A to involve our resident experts, you! Share tips and advice on navigating Christmas here in this thread.

Pop by and post your questions or if you prefer you can email your question to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Anyone Heard of CAT?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Grey Lad, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Grey Lad

Grey Lad Registered User

Sep 12, 2014
    North East Lincs
    Opportunist that I am I had a brief chat with a Clinical Psychologist visiting family next door this morning. She works in Primary Care and I asked her what type of therapy she used in her practice. Celia mentioned Cognitive Analytical Therapy (CAT) developed by Anthony Kyle. I have to admit I have heard of CBT but not CAT, and skimming on Google it seems an interesting approach to treating mental illness. I just wondered if anyone on T P knows anything about this therapeutic approach?