Anybody listening to Today on R4? Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman report

Boldredrosie

Mar 13, 2012
Daughter of a woman who had advanced Alzheimer's and a host of other conditions was repeatedly sent home from ***** * (my local hospital and where my father died) despite everybody saying her mum needed to be in a care home. Who overrode this every time? The social worker.

The report is shocking but I suspect most of us on here have first hand experience with hospitals sending home frail elderly people who cannot manage on their own and who do not have appropriate support.

Last edited by a moderator:

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Morning.

Daughter of a woman who had advanced Alzheimer's and a host of other conditions was repeatedly sent home from Whipps X (my local hospital and where my father died) despite everybody saying her mum needed to be in a care home. Who overrode this every time? The social worker.

The report is shocking but I suspect most of us on here have first hand experience with hospitals sending home frail elderly people who cannot manage on their own and who do not have appropriate support.

Tho I did not listen too the above report did hear some thing on the 7.00. News. A very elderly lady when sent Home died in her Grand daughters arms. :( Shocking & very sad. Agree fully with your comments , will be interesting too see what the. A S. Have too say

Hope you have a good day

Grove. X

Last edited:

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I heard a bit of it on R2 news, how nurses, ambulance drivers etc were saying she wasn't fit to go home and she was repeatedly sent home.