Antipsychotic drug 'stroke risk' and Carers need more financial help

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Neil Hunt, from the Neil Hunt, from the Alzheimer's Society, said that doctors now needed to heed these warnings.

"The over-prescription of antipsychotics is a serious breach of human rights, these drugs should only be a last resort. said that doctors now needed to heed these warnings.

"The over-prescription of antipsychotics is a serious breach of human rights, these drugs should only be a last resort.

Its Good to read that the Alzheimer's Society supporting the warning .

Thanks for leaving those Links

Earlier this year he told the BBC he would personally oversee government policy, which could see changes to the Carer's Allowance.

I read some where that its going to take about 10 years to implement those new changes

jc141265

Sep 16, 2005
Australia
Its true about the anti-psychotics, Dad has been on Rispadel for the past 3 yrs and it wasn't until I did a google search on it and saw that the company that produced it even said it shouldn't be taken by dementia sufferers:eek:, that we had any idea how dangerous it could be. Since I showed Mum the article she has gotten the doctor to begin reducing the dose with the aim to get him off it completely as soon as it is safe to do so (going cold turkey can be extremely dangerous apparently).

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Margarita said:
Earlier this year he told the BBC he would personally oversee government policy, which could see changes to the Carer's Allowance.

I read some where that its going to take about 10 years to implement those new changes

But of course, that will only happen if the same government is in power in 10 years time!! :cool:

Attachments

• Piggy air squadron.jpg
    Piggy air squadron.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 599