Alzheimer's

Greenfly

Oct 29, 2017
Can anyone tell me is Alzheimer's a type of dementia or vice versa and what differences are there between the two ?

Greenfly

Oct 29, 2017
It seems to be at times like walking through treacle trying to navigate your way around such a minefield of information

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hello Greenfly. I agree it is a lot of information to take in - and I don't remember most of what I've read!! There's a saying on Talkingpoint - "if you've seen one person with dementia you've seen one person with dementia".

No one seems to follow exactly the same path although some patterns of behaviour do seem common. I've received a lot of good advice here on caring for my PWD (person with dementia) and there are no taboo subjects. You can ask whatever you like and someone will have wise words to help.

Greenfly

Oct 29, 2017
Hello Greenfly. I agree it is a lot of information to take in - and I don't remember most of what I've read!! There's a saying on Talkingpoint - "if you've seen one person with dementia you've seen one person with dementia".

No one seems to follow exactly the same path although some patterns of behaviour do seem common. I've received a lot of good advice here on caring for my PWD (person with dementia) and there are no taboo subjects. You can ask whatever you like and someone will have wise words to help.

Hello there I appreciate that and will endeavour to find my way in this vast array of knowledge