Alzheimer's Research latest TV advert

Discussion in 'Dementia-related news and campaigns' started by nitram, Sep 20, 2018.

1. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
  2. maryjoan

maryjoan Registered User

Mar 25, 2017
    Female
    South of the Border
    Looks a bit obscure to me........ but then I have no sound on this desk top!!!

3. Marnie63

Marnie63 Registered User

Dec 26, 2015
    Hampshire
    I thought for a minute they were going to start comparing how dementia brings you full circle back to being a child (immobility, incontinence, etc.) then decided that would be too scary for an ad. I'm not sure this works for me. I get the survival bit, but not sure about using the baby. A bit weird for me. The first part I found quite disturbing, but clearly that had nothing to do with portraying fear as a dementia symptom. Perhaps I'm over thinking it!

4. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    #4 nitram, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Suitable atmospheric background

Born with instinct to survive - meet every challenge - cannot survive Alzheimer's - Alzheimer's is a disease - it can be cured - we will cure it

5. Hair Twiddler

Hair Twiddler Registered User

Aug 14, 2012
    Middle England
    I found the TV ad facile.
    It surely cost a fortune....good money wasted.
    Nitram's strapline is spot on....and free.