Also glad to have.found this site

Discussion in 'Welcome and how to use Dementia Talking Point' started by Mel88, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Mel88

Mel88 Registered User

Jun 27, 2015
    Hi

Mum has vascular dementia, She lives at home 5 mins from me, her 80 yr old brother who lives next doors stays at night, and career go in twice a day, I visit after work every day and now pop back up mist evenings, 2 brothers are very supportive, but each stage is worse than before, she has been in incontinence pants for some time, which are often hidden around the house! But now she is having trouble when she has a poo, cleaning herself, the carers now in the main are ok, but first providers drove me to distraction, something that is meant to help becomes something you have to constantly check on.
    In the middle of all this mayhem, is Mum who stills knows us, but is disappearing bit by bit, It is is just the cruellest thing
    Rant over for the moment, but I have plenty of them on and off!

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Hello Mel

Welcome to Talking Point.

I hope somewhere among so much responsibility and stress you are able to take care of yourself.

3. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Hi Mel. Welcome to TP.