All roads lead to nowhere

fullmoon

May 22, 2013
Kerrye, you have obviously invested many years giving your mother excellent care. It is going to take time for you to come to terms with the change in your mothers needs and adjustments this brings to the pattern of your own life. Best wishes x

Last edited:

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I have just caught up with this thread also. What a shocking thing to happen. Of course you're going to wonder 'What if?', anyone would.

But people are right when they say it could have happened at home and you might not have been there, or been unable to help her. Please try not to blame yourself.

Everyone who reads this thread will be rooting for you and your mum.

Remember, you did the right thing.

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
Going on my own Mum's experience with a much less significant TIA, your Mum would probably have been perfectly OK ... and then virtually instantly floored by the bleed. We were there at the time and there was nothing we could do for Mum but dial 999.

Hope that's some slight comfort. Sadly there isn't much comfort to be had in these situations.

golfio26

Mar 1, 2013
Please read Wirralsons thread- the most honest thing I have read for a long time- you have your life & no matter what you FEEL you cannot change this awful disease- don't let it consume you. Do what is best for your loved one which is what we all try to do- but we have a life to live & however difficult it is you have to to come to terms & realise that however strongly we feel sometimes we are not able to give the support & help to our loved ones. This takes a bit of time believe me I've been throught it. Find a good place for her to be cared for, thats all you can do. xx

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carol Diane