1. BillieB

BillieB Registered User

Sep 21, 2015
    Hi, I'm new to this forum so forgive me if this has been discussed before.

My mum has recently moved in with me and I am keen to have some sort of alarm system installed so she can contact me if she feels unwell, both when I am inside the house (during the night for example) or when I am out, I work full time.

Does anyone have a recommendation please? I have just installed a phone socket in her room. Ideally I think something she could wear such as the wristband or pendant would be good, I did consider the 'piper line' but have heard quite negative comments on this.

Many thanks in anticipation

2. grove

grove Registered User

Aug 24, 2010
    North Yorkshire
    Hello & Welcome

BillieB too Talking Point or T P as most of us call it ! & hope you find it as useful & friendly as I did

Age UK do a very good alarm / wrist band or pendant tho am sorry not sure of the cost However Age Uk do a very good Web Page which am sure you will find helpful & you can buy On line :) or try your Mum's L A ? as I know some L A's have their own **System **

Hope that helps & sorry for the brief reply but off too work soon !

Take care

From Grove x

3. balloo

balloo Registered User

Sep 21, 2013
    northamptonshire
    we tried a buzzy that she could wear 1 button ment not urgent other ment urgent could not teach her to use it she kept putting it in her knickers drawer

4. BillieB

BillieB Registered User

Sep 21, 2015
    Thank you both for your responses

5. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    Female
    London
    Ask your council's telecare department what they can provide. There's all sorts of alarms and trackers out there.

6. Pear trees

Pear trees Registered User

Jan 25, 2015
    My mum has a pendant alarm system which I arranged through Age UK. I installed it myself a d its easy for mum to use. The system responds very quickly and the call handlers will phone the contacts given whilst assessing the urgency of the call.