Agreed to see the doctor again.

Bevhar

Mar 23, 2023
Well - we wait again. Can’t knock anything really because they have been good and acted quite quickly. Just no indication either way.
Positive from the psychiatrist, was that the CT Scan was normal. The negative, was that they would expect of score of 97+/100 on the ACE lll - for my husband’s age and because he’s working. He scored 75. Under 83 is a concern but still a grey area.
Lots of focus (possibly too much it felt) today on this mainly revolving around a problem with numbers.
So they have referred him for a PET Scan (which should be about 4-5 weeks) and then back there a couple of weeks later for the results.
They will know more than they said.
If this scan is ok, the next step is to see the Neuro Psychologist- to investigate the potential of a small stroke having caused some damage.
My husband was adamant that he wants to be able to carry on working. The doctor did encourage him to keep an open mind about the need to potentially step back from work and to start the ball rolling with a discussion with Occupational Health at work - rather than leaving this too late.
All a bit confusing as to how concerned they are or not but just have to be patient and go through the investigations. Thank you everyone x
Bless you Your husband score nearly same as mine he got 77 he then had another scan as his first was clear I hope your husband can continue working if that’s what he’d like to do Also if he does get a diagnosis he may still be able to drive Hope your ok Was your husband ok with it love & hugs 🫂 xxx
i think the carer needs to care for the carer. no-one is going to do it for you. only problem is that you need motivation and energy, things that are in short supply. my friends have disappeared.
I’m so sorry to hear your friends have disappeared I’m lucky my friends do check to see how I am My sister in law is also very good Have you got any family around Life changes so quickly I know other people have far worse looking after disabled children which must be horrific but it’s still tough How old was your OH when he was diagnosed

Bevhar

Mar 23, 2023
Accepting help is difficult if you've always been strong, independent and a private person .

I'm getting to the stage where I'm needing help too. Got a lovely handyman to do the garden a couple of hours a fortnight and he'll do odd jobs or decorating as well ,so I have him lined up for the winter. 🙂

Handyman's mum had dementia so he knows how hard it is for a carer. Charges a fair rate and works, not drinking coffee and disappearing. 🤣
I’ve found someone to do some DIY jobs also I’m getting a cleaner It is hard as we have both been able to do things ourselves I love your happy positive posts xx

BeeBeeDee

Apr 19, 2023
Oh sorry that you didnt really get an answer, more waiting and wondering. My husband scored 69, we are 51 weeks since diagnosis. I hope you get some more answers
We have just been to vote - he had his driving license (not that he drives) as his identification and had taken it out his wallet and put in a pocket. When we got there and I handed mine and he opened up his wallet, went through every card with me saying you took it out your wallet when we got into the car a few times - he then gives the lady on the desk a look like saying how bossy I was being - and she said now now we dont want any domestics. I wanted to say to her the real reason I was having to tell him where his identification was and it wasnt because I was bossy. He then had no idea what to do so I told him it was the bottom square and he said what do I do, write my name on it. Afterwards I said to him who did you want to vote for and he said oh you know the normal people. I told him who I had voted for and he said yes thats who I wanted to vote for too - lucky as that is who I told him to LOL.

RM3

Feb 4, 2024
Oh sorry that you didnt really get an answer, more waiting and wondering. My husband scored 69, we are 51 weeks since diagnosis. I hope you get some more answers
We have just been to vote - he had his driving license (not that he drives) as his identification and had taken it out his wallet and put in a pocket. When we got there and I handed mine and he opened up his wallet, went through every card with me saying you took it out your wallet when we got into the car a few times - he then gives the lady on the desk a look like saying how bossy I was being - and she said now now we dont want any domestics. I wanted to say to her the real reason I was having to tell him where his identification was and it wasnt because I was bossy. He then had no idea what to do so I told him it was the bottom square and he said what do I do, write my name on it. Afterwards I said to him who did you want to vote for and he said oh you know the normal people. I told him who I had voted for and he said yes thats who I wanted to vote for too - lucky as that is who I told him to LOL.
Thank you @BeeBeeDee. Oh my, that sounds like a double act going on there. You sound to have managed the situation well ☺️ x

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Bless you Your husband score nearly same as mine he got 77 he then had another scan as his first was clear I hope your husband can continue working if that’s what he’d like to do Also if he does get a diagnosis he may still be able to drive Hope your ok Was your husband ok with it love & hugs 🫂 xxx

I’m so sorry to hear your friends have disappeared I’m lucky my friends do check to see how I am My sister in law is also very good Have you got any family around Life changes so quickly I know other people have far worse looking after disabled children which must be horrific but it’s still tough How old was your OH when he was diagnosed

its the age difference i think, im 57 and hes 76. my sister-in-law is 81 but lives far away and has her own problems but does thank me for looking after her brother.
i do have children who have problems and children of their own, youngest is just 30 and oldest 38 with 2 more between. son does help a lot especially garden and home maintainance and heavy lifting. my daughter works and has 2 children. 1 daughter doesnt want to know and my younger son is moving to canada with his canadian wife and son at the end of the month. they dont live locally and help is very limited. he was just before 72 then first lockdown and he was shielding. i had to tell him as i took the call because he wouldnt.

Bevhar

Mar 23, 2023
its the age difference i think, im 57 and hes 76. my sister-in-law is 81 but lives far away and has her own problems but does thank me for looking after her brother.
i do have children who have problems and children of their own, youngest is just 30 and oldest 38 with 2 more between. son does help a lot especially garden and home maintainance and heavy lifting. my daughter works and has 2 children. 1 daughter doesnt want to know and my younger son is moving to canada with his canadian wife and son at the end of the month. they dont live locally and help is very limited. he was just before 72 then first lockdown and he was shielding. i had to tell him as i took the call because he wouldnt.
You are still very young I’m 70 so I didn’t give up a job I loved or anything like that But it’s hard & I expect your like me don’t want to burden your children take care x

Bevhar

Mar 23, 2023
Love this my husband wasn’t sure what to do so I showed him we have always be different politically 😂