Advice

Sallyyana

Dec 27, 2023
Long story so I will keep it short
I have POA for dad and POA for mum along with my husband sadly mum is no longer here .
We are also executors on will and trustees.
My sister who lives abroad and has had no input in their care is causing me all kinds of problems it’s a nightmare and it’s making me ill.
She is trying to say mum and dad didn’t really understand and would never have put my husband on anything it is so unfair he has done so much and still there for my dad which my sister is not. She wouldn’t even let me call her Xmas day so she could speak to dad because my husband would have been there. Now she is asking for a copy of POA and mums old will and is threat to go to public guardian. I moved home for 3 months to look after mum towards the end she visited for 1 week then left me to it
She has done nothing but want to change all my mums wishes even backing me in a corner for mum to have a funeral she didn’t want as she said mum always wanted a funeral and I yes she did but she changed her mind.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
She has no reason to see the LPA, it's validity will have been checked each time it was registered by a financial institution.

If your mum's estate went through probate it's a public document and she can obtain an official copy
You can use this service to:
  • search for a probate record in England and Wales
  • check if probate has been issued
  • check the type of probate issued
  • order a copy of a probate record (including a will, if there is one)
Each copy of a probate record ordered online costs £1.50.
https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate .

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
When you say your sister wants to see your mum's 'old will' does that mean your mum made a new will after you became her attorney? Does this disadvantage your sister?