Advice re incontinence pants prescriptions

Amber

Jan 4, 2011
West Sussex
Hi
My mum is in a care home and is doubly incontinent. She wears pads but at night she is pulling the pad out of her knickers and then wetting the bed, this can happen 2 or 3 times a night, I think it is because she finds the pads uncomfortable so I have just bought her some pull up incontinence pants to take to the home tomorrow but they are quite expensive. Her pads are prescribed on the NHS does anyone know if the NHS also prescribe pull up incontinence pants on repeat prescription please?

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Yes. But in OH's case only 2 a day which is nowhere near enough. This is my ongoing battle with the NHS. I am guessing it's a financial issue and could vary from borough to borough.

Cloverland

Jun 9, 2014
Hi
My mum is in a care home and is doubly incontinent. She wears pads but at night she is pulling the pad out of her knickers and then wetting the bed, this can happen 2 or 3 times a night, I think it is because she finds the pads uncomfortable so I have just bought her some pull up incontinence pants to take to the home tomorrow but they are quite expensive. Her pads are prescribed on the NHS does anyone know if the NHS also prescribe pull up incontinence pants on repeat prescription please?

The care home get pads for each resident free so don't go buying any. Get the care home to adjust their order with the company themselves, which they should be doing and not asking you to provide others.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
If pullups csnt be supplied ( hertfordshire wont supply pullups only pads) them maybe if you supplied for nightime use? Boots own brand were not too eye watering to buy