Advice please

AliBobs

Jun 6, 2016
Hi this is my first post but I have lurked in the background of TP for while. Dad is in middle stage of Alzheimers but has really deterioated in the last week or so ( unable to dress, wash etc) without help. He is at home with mum who isn't in the best of health and its now really showing. I think difficult decisions have to be made soon. We are meeting our local SS this week to discuss options, help available. I dont know what they can offer but are there any specific questions I should be asking? We are in Leeds, Yorkshire. Any advice gratefully received.

Thank you
AliBobs

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Try writing down everything that either of you do for him, everything he needs help, prompting or supervision with and everything that would make caring for you easier. What is it you want - day care centre, sitters, carers, respite, care home! Ask them to give you info of any local charities like AS, Age UK or Carers Centre that could help you practically or emotionally. They could also help you with benefits checks and filling in forms like Attendance Allowance.

Dothedealnow

Account Closed
Jun 4, 2016
Power of Attorney or Court of Protection

Some practical considerations:-
Start sorting out Powers of Attorney.
Get all bills onto direct debit.
Think about any cars, do they need to be taken off the road.
If you are going to have carers in the home is it safe, are the bathing facilities, laundry adequate?
Are there any pets?
If staying at home : meals on wheels, gardeners, cleaners etc.
And so on.

I ****** most if the above up, tried to recover and failed.