advice needed


Registered User
Jan 3, 2007
Gosford NSW
my daughter is having trouble coping as the rest of the family are getting on with their own lives and leaving her to look after her mother in law she has 2 small children as well and her husband is doing nothing to help her


Registered User
May 24, 2006
Your daughter needs to face the fact that her 2 young children come first

She simply cannot split herself in 2

If her husband wont face the issue about his Mother its not your daughters job to take the burden


Registered User
Feb 24, 2006
The trouble is some people just do take burdens and some just won't and there is very little anyone can do about it.

Have you contacted the doctors and social services?


Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Dear Ann, Could your daughter contact Social Services to see what help is available. As long as she bears the burden alone, the family will let her do it. It`s an easy option for them. Sylvia