Advanced Dementia

diptonil-m

Apr 11, 2024
My father is suffering from advanced dementia currently and not able to eat on his own for a long time and sometimes keeps the food in his mouth and also needs full support from my mother who is his caregiver. I am really tensed and do not know what to do next as I cannot see my father like this and he also not able to walk on his own and is totally bed ridden and sometimes stares up constantly towards the roof or wall. He is previously very hard worker and now from actually 2019 he is forgetting. Please help me regarding this by giving me suggestions.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello and welcome @diptonil-m

It's hard to give suggestions to anything other than a specific issue as dementia is so varied and personal to the individual.

That said, the Society has a very informative publications list that you may find useful as it is a gold mine for information. You can find the list by clicking the following link

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello and welcome @diptonil-m and firstly welcome from me also to this friendly and supportive forum.

I too am so sorry to read of your Father . It's heart wrenching for sure, slowly seeing a loved one deteriorate in front of your eyes. It is just so cruel for you and your Mother. I went through the same with my Mum. Hold his hand, tell him how much you love him.
You are already 'grieving' the person you are loosing, even though he is still with you. It's very natural; and probably some days will be better than others.
But do have a good look around the forums and ask any particular questions you may like to.
Members here really do want to help. Do please keep posting.

Wishing you continued strength.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan2024