A year has past.........

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by keegan2, Dec 13, 2016.

1. keegan2

keegan2 Registered User

Jan 11, 2015
    This time last year we as a family were going through the worst period ever. At the time we feared the worst and thought the only way was to have o/h sectioned and then maybe even care. However somehow we have managed to come through the last 12 months scarred by the memories, tired and exhausted. With the help of medication and love we are about to celebrate a memorable christmas its not been easy and TP has played a very important part always having someone to advise when things have been difficult, guilty of not posting when things are going well.

Just want to say thank you and my apologies for leaning on you guys and letting you know in advance I am sure I will need you all in the future {not to soon I hope} wishing all a merry merry christmas............

2. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    Oh Keegan I'm so pleased things have settled down for you all. I hope you have a great Christmas.

3. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Well done Keegan. It`s good to know you survived.

I also found the earlier stages were the most difficult and upsetting.

4. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Well done. Wishing you all the best of the festive season.

5. marionq

marionq Registered User

Apr 24, 2013
    Female
    Scotland
    I spoke yesterday to a young woman I know in exactly your situation but without the small child to worry about. You have done so well. I hope you have a lovely Christmas.

6. Shedrech

Shedrech Volunteer Moderator

Dec 15, 2012
    Yorkshire
    hi keegan2
    really good to read your update
    festive wishes to all of you

7. Alicenutter

Alicenutter Registered User

Aug 29, 2015
    Massachusetts USA
    Well done keegan2. You are doing a splendid job. Enjoy your Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point