A quick question about antipsychotics

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Hello again

Just a quickie:

What symptoms can be treated with antipsychotics, please?

I'm just trying to establish whether they MIGHT be suitable for my mam and whether it's worth asking the CPN to look into the possibility again.

Thanks!

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
My husband was given a low dose of quetiapine for his extreme anxiety. The episodes happened mainly during the night involving him getting up in a state with frequent falls. He was not prescribed these until the NH witnessed the problem and they certainly helped to calm him. .

This factsheet may interest you.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Hello CG. My husband was prescribed Rirpiridone when he became paranoid which made him a bit aggresive and had hallucinations whereby he was misinterpreting what he was seeing e.g. a trolley for a mother and child, that sort of thing. He only had a mild dose and that for only about 4 months or so. Hope it helps.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
That's a useful/ interesting fact sheet Becky - I always tend to look on the web generally rather than on here, must remember to check here as well. Thanks :)

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Thank you everyone. Dad has an appointment with the CPN this afternoon, so he can raise the subject again with her. I've passed on the info you've given me, much appreciated x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leigh_77