A proper goodbye

wdyarrow

Jan 17, 2021
Hello, I suppose this post is to ask if anyone else is struggling with the loss of a loved one and due to lockdown restrictions not being able to hold the funeral that was wished for?
I lost my dad suddenly on 26 April last year, we were 4 weeks in to lockdown and due to restrictions were unable to hold the funeral he had wanted. At the time we thought "itll be okay we will hold a memorial service on the anniversary of his death"....sadly with the way things are going we can't see that being possible and are really struggling with that sense of not having that full and proper friends and family goodbye.
We sadly then lost my mum to cancer 5 weeks later. So all of our feelings are doubled.
Just wondered if anyone else had lost someone and feels that they haven't been able to give their loved one the funeral they had hoped for and how they are coping?

Bezzy1946

Jul 18, 2017
Watford
Hello, I suppose this post is to ask if anyone else is struggling with the loss of a loved one and due to lockdown restrictions not being able to hold the funeral that was wished for?
I lost my dad suddenly on 26 April last year, we were 4 weeks in to lockdown and due to restrictions were unable to hold the funeral he had wanted. At the time we thought "itll be okay we will hold a memorial service on the anniversary of his death"....sadly with the way things are going we can't see that being possible and are really struggling with that sense of not having that full and proper friends and family goodbye.
We sadly then lost my mum to cancer 5 weeks later. So all of our feelings are doubled.
Just wondered if anyone else had lost someone and feels that they haven't been able to give their loved one the funeral they had hoped for and how they are coping?
I lost my darling husband on 5 January this year. We are having to wait to have funeral until 3 February it’s like a big cloud hanging over my head. My heart is broken. We are only having children and grandchildren in total 11 of us. In normal times the chapel would be full with extended family and friends. Alan had been in care home since February last year (due to dementia and various other things) and then straight into lockdown. Last year was awful as you all
know not being able to visit our loved ones. Luckily I saw him a week before Christmas and he looked so well so his passing was so unexpected. I feel I am not giving him the send off he deserves but we are trying to make it as special as we can. Love to all you carers who are doing the best you can in these troubled times ❤️❤️❤️

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
My Mum died in November and we had the funeral in December . We didn't feel we could ask her friends to attend as they are all in their 80s and older. Mum lived 200 miles away. We made the trip by car and our daughter went up on the train ( she wasn't allowed to travel with us) . We arranged for the funeral cars to drive past and pause in front of the Care Home and many carers came outside to pay their respects. We also arranged for the funeral cars to drive past the bungalow she used to live in and all the neighbours came out to pay their respects as well . The service was just the 3 of us and the Minister but actually it was not as bad as I expected. Yes there weren't many people actually present but because people had come out to pay their respects we didn't feel alone. I sent copies of the Service sheet to the neighbours and carers. And received many cards with thanks expressed.
I think as well you can arrange to view funerals online.

Bezzy1946

Jul 18, 2017
Watford
My Mum died in November and we had the funeral in December . We didn't feel we could ask her friends to attend as they are all in their 80s and older. Mum lived 200 miles away. We made the trip by car and our daughter went up on the train ( she wasn't allowed to travel with us) . We arranged for the funeral cars to drive past and pause in front of the Care Home and many carers came outside to pay their respects. We also arranged for the funeral cars to drive past the bungalow she used to live in and all the neighbours came out to pay their respects as well . The service was just the 3 of us and the Minister but actually it was not as bad as I expected. Yes there weren't many people actually present but because people had come out to pay their respects we didn't feel alone. I sent copies of the Service sheet to the neighbours and carers. And received many cards with thanks expressed.
I think as well you can arrange to view funerals online.
Yes you can view on line. My brother died in November and I was able to go to the funeral albeit only a few of us could attend and my nephew died in December and we couldn’t attend (the funeral was on Tuesday) and I viewed on line. I am giving family and friends who are not allowed to come to funeral the link so they can see it on line. ???

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathy T