A new face on the Talking Point team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Hi everyone,

I'm delighted to let you all know that we have a new face on the Talking Point staff team!

HarrietD has joined us, as our new Online Community Assistant. Harriet will be working alongside Serena and I, and our two fantastic teams of volunteers, to make sure that Talking Point remains a safe and supportive place for people with dementia and their carers.

Harriet: it's great to have you on board, and I hope you really enjoy your new job!

I know you'll all make Harriet feel welcome. If you'd like to say Hi to Harriet, you're very welcome to do so in the open thread which is >>here<<. :)

Last edited:

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the introduction, Katherine! I'm very happy (and privileged) to be joining such a fantastic team :) In a nutshell, my job is to support the Talking Point team as the community continues to grow and flourish, making sure it's a space where you feel safe, comfortable and well-supported.

Before this role, I was working for Macmillan Cancer Support where I dabbled in their social media and Online Community teams. During my time there, I got to see how valuable peer support can be to people going through such tough journeys, and how just one kind reply to a comment can make the world of difference. Like Macmillan, Alzheimer's Society is a cause very close to my heart as my much-loved granddad is currently living with the condition.

Talking Point really is a vital service. Over the past couple of weeks, I've seen first-hand just how much it means to people, and the enormous support, understanding and empathy that people on here both give and receive is wonderful to witness. One thing I've realised about dementia is that it inspires so much compassion, and in my opinion there is nothing that demonstrates this more than TP.

I'm looking forward to learning more about dementia, and of course supporting you all behind the scenes. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any questions about using Talking Point, and I'll do my very best to help.

Take care,

Harriet

Status
Not open for further replies.