1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

A New Acronym now that CRAG has gone?

Discussion in 'Helpful websites' started by Pete R, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Pete R

Pete R Registered User

Jul 26, 2014
    Staffs
  2. Pete R

Pete R Registered User

Jul 26, 2014
    Staffs
    #2 Pete R, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    :DThanks for all the suggestions.:D

There has just been a thread where I used DPA for Deferred Payment Agreement but that is already taken by the Data Protection Act. In all the paperwork I have had from my LA they use DPA for the former.:confused:
    What about changing the later to DataPA?

My LA also refer to the new "CRAG" as Statutory Guidance and SG is not taken at the moment. Other LA's may vary though.

The New Care Act 2014 could become NCA.

3. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    Didn't see this before.... Now my mind is working overtime trying to come up with an acronym :D

CASS
    CrASS guidance maybe but don't know what the R would be..... :D

NCA sounds about right - but National Crime Agency already have that one...... Maybe they have merged ;) :D

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

4. Pete R

Pete R Registered User

Jul 26, 2014
    Staffs
    Just to help it's official title is.....
    Care and Support Statutory Guidance
    :D:D

The acronym team in the DoH didn't really consider the problems this new name would cause.

5. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    #5 2jays, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    I thought the R could be ??really?? As in really, they care???

Ok then CASS Geeeeee

The Geeee as in gee whizz,or Geeeez followed by "you couldnt make it up, but they might have" :D

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point