A funny moment to bring a smile to your face, I hope!

melly

Mar 1, 2008
My mum has never taken herself very seriously and I just had to share with you another of these funny moments.

I do have to explain that my mum is in her 4th year since diagnosis and although it is getting really bad in lots of ways, she is still really quite aware in others...

As of January I reduced my hours slightly at work, so I could spend some time with my dear mum.

Last Tuesday I had taken her to meet my niece (her Grandaughter) from school and on our way home I had to stop at a garage to get some petrol. I bought us both some Galaxy Minstrels, which we sat in the car and ate together. So there I was eating away when suddenly I began severely choking!! :eek: I could barely catch my breath as I was coughing so much. This must have carried on for almost a minute, during which time my dear mum was oblivious and continued to enjoy her chocolate!!!! As my fit finally drew to a close, she turned to me and said "What a nasty caugh you have"!!!

Bless her, it really made me laugh!! Afterwards I explained and she found it so funny!! We find this such a great way to deal with it as like I said before, mum has always been able to laugh at herself!!! x

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Hi Melly,

What a great story, and long may your mum's sense of humour continue :)

It's wonderful to see our loved ones laugh and they say laughter is the best medicine!

Carry on laughing

Vonny xx

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Wonderful, Melly, thanks for sharing that ..... it really is precious when there are still laughs to be had ..... my mum's sense of humour stayed with her when she seemed to have lost so much else????? :rolleyes: ... She'd often laugh away at something then turn to me and ask 'What the bl**dy h*** was all that about it?' :eek::D

Well done, these moments should be preserved like pickles!!!! :)

Love, Karen, x