6 Red Roses

muriel.elliott

Aug 21, 2010
Berkshire
Hi all,
Had a good time last night with my friends and we toasted bryan with champagne.
Russell and Maria are on their way down, thank goodnes.
I went to the florist earlier and picked up 6 dark red roses which my very pregnant grand-daughter wants to lay on the coffin when it is layed into the ground from my 5 grand-children and coming great-grandson. 1 of the grandsons is a step grandson as rhiannes fiance had him by a previous relationship but he is now part of the family.
Bryans favorite flowers were fuchias and my florist is finding it very hard to get dark red ones to go in the spray, might have to settle for pale pink. I was hoping there would have been 1 or 2 in his garden but they are either nearly over or not yet out.
Please be thinking about us tomorrow and try to keep me from going completely to pieces.I really am dreading it but just want it all over now.
Love and hugs Muriel xxx:confused:

littlegem

Nov 11, 2010
north Wales
Dear Muriel,

don't worry about 'going to pieces' tomorrow.
it doesn't matter if you do after all you have been through.
our thoughts will be with you every step of the way.
sending you strength and best wishes,
xx

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Muriel, hi
The service should be reasonably paced in time and emotion, don't worry about losing it at times as it is the appropriate place and part of the process we all have to go through.
Sending positive vibes and very kind regards to you today and I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, from Jo

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
Hello Muriel,
Don't be afraid of tomorrow, you will get through it with the love and support of your family.
Will be thinking of you, Love Lin x

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Muriel, when my Dad died, Mum had a spray of 40 red roses made for the top of his coffin. It was to have been their ruby weding later that year. When it was time for his cremation the undertaker gave Mum back a rose that had fallen, and said perhaps he had counted better than she! I can only say that tomorrow will be horrid and wonderful and awful and special. There will be love though and that's all that matters.x.

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
Hello Muriel I shall be thinking of you and your family tomorrow
Have a good cry my love Don't hold it in It is the only chance you have to shed some of your sorrow Other people will understand
It is generally thought that men should not show their emotions and show a stiff upper lip
I know now that I wish I had been more emotional on the day my wife was cremated.
I am certain that the pain that follows would have been eased if I had followed my insticts instead of thinking what other people would think
Follow your own instinct If you want to weep do so , you will feel better for it afterwards.
God Bless I hope all goes well tomorrow
Jimbo 111

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
All my love and thoughts with you for tomorrow..please don't worry about going to pieces..everyone knows what you have gone through and will be there to support you. Hold tight love.

love
Bronwen x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Muriel I'm sending all of my positive vibes and I will be thinking of you tomorrow. xx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Dear Muriel

I will be thinking of you tomorrow and I am sure you will feel all sorts of things through the day - but one thing for sure I hope you will feel - we are all thinking of you x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Muriel,

Remember we will be just over your shoulder tomorrow;) The thing that got me through it all was knowing that other TP members had trodden this path before me and they survived somehow!!

Love

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
My thoughts are with you for tomorrow. It will be difficult but I am positive you will find strength from friends and family surrounding you.

mothergoose

Jan 26, 2011
Poole Dorset
Hello Muriel
I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Like most of the replys it doesn't matter if you do go to pieces it is YOUR right :) you sound like you have a wonderful family who will also support you throgh the day. I know what you will be feeling as when dad passed away in Jan (not to dementia) I had a song played for the "time for reflection" and my son and I hugged each other and cried and cried then when it had finished and the vicar started to speak again I realised I was sat in the crematorium, it was a very bizzare feeling completely cracking up only to realise there were people around me.
I am sending you lots of hugs and my thoughts are truely with you hun x x x

Mothergoose aka Tina x x x x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Dear Muriel , Will be thinking of you tomorrow & hope all goes well for you

Love & Prayers & Hugs

Love From Jill x x ( Grove )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member