1. Welcome to Talking Point - an online community for everyone who is affected by dementia. Whether you have dementia or know someone who does, we will be there for you.

If you need help using Talking Point, read our Help pages or contact us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk

2. Hi everyone, Talking Point is back! We’ve updated the software in order to improve security, design, and the way the community works, and introduced some helpful features.

Find out more

10 years living with My dementia

Discussion in 'I have dementia' started by Norrms, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Norrms

Norrms Registered User

Feb 19, 2009
    Torquay Devon
    TEN YEARS LIVING WITH Dementia

A short message to all about living with dementia for 10 years and my hopes for the future, please feel free to share

2. Tin

Tin Registered User

May 18, 2014
    UK
    Applause, applause, Bravo Norm

3. Norrms

Norrms Registered User

Feb 19, 2009
    Torquay Devon
    Thank you Tin

4. Skylark33

Skylark33 Registered User

Aug 26, 2016
    Gosport, Hampshire UK
    Hi Norm, I'm a newbie in the Alz game and I have been feeling pretty gloomy, but your message is really cheering - thanks very much! And all credit to you for staying so positive for such a long time - it is pretty difficult at times, but you are a wonderful example.

All the best,

Martin
    aka Skylark33

5. lubyloo

lubyloo Registered User

Feb 9, 2015
    Wow you're brill, my husband has been diagnosed for 3yrs and he has really gone down hill, it is heart breaking really just watching him giving up, so bravo to you.

6. SusieQZ

SusieQZ New member

Nov 2, 2017

7. SusieQZ

SusieQZ New member

Nov 2, 2017
    Thank you Norm, your quite encouraging! I pray you continue to do well!♡

8. olivia1

olivia1 Registered User

Mar 19, 2017
    Glasgow
    hnak you Norrms, a lovely video and it's as i thought - it is all about having a positive attitude. My Mum's been living with forgetfulness for over ten years. It's so great to hear your views! Keep on going - you sound amazing !

9. Norrms

Norrms Registered User

Feb 19, 2009
    Torquay Devon
    Thank you