❤️ Love lies

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
@Izzy Yes it is strange how we know that it would be better to agree or ignore but sometimes just can't resist the urge to correct. For me it is the question "are you going out tonight?", or many variations on this theme, that always seems to get my goat ...

yak55

Jun 15, 2015
What a relief to hear so many people are doing what I have been doing for so long. My lying started very early as I sensed it was protecting my mum from the anxiety that she was prone to anyway. The guilt and potential for self doubt is limitless. I didn't tell her she had dementia until she was about 6 years into it. Even now we call it memory problems. Like others, I have lied about the cost of carers, and tell her the NHS and council provide all these services freely. Of course the big fat daily lie is that she's not too much trouble as she keeps asking me! Poor mum, she's in a terrible state this week because the builders are converting her downstairs bathroom into a wetroom. "it's like living in a nightmare" Her anxiety is at an all time high and it's why I'm trying to keep her in her own home as I'm sure a big change would finish her. So glad I have this site, I feel as if I'm standing on the shoulders of all of you who have gone before me and hope I can help others in return.
Hugs x