£9 more 😱😱

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
I’ve just checked mum’s account - wow her AA has gone up by all of £9 to counter inflation….so we’ve talked about carers going on strike - how can we get our loved ones with Dementia to go on strike to tell Rishi thats not in line with costs!! The irony is that it is me that is filled with fear each time the doctors/nurses/paramedics that go on strike …..and mum that would suffer.

It just seems impossible for those at the top to have any idea of what the real world is like!!

Maybe we should invite them to read our lovely site for a week to get an idea.

Anyway rant over…I shall March round the block before getting mum up and start her day….

SherwoodSue

Jun 18, 2022
Bless you. Yes I feel the same way. I know they have just cause, but also praying mum keeps well over the strike days.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
isnt it all going up by 10%, state pension, pension credit, AA and PIP. they advise not to do anything risky, that cuts it down a bit by nothing. everything is risky with PWD

wilko73

Feb 8, 2021
Mum's bill for her care visits has gone up by £2.40 an hour,I do know the girls deserve better pay it's just unfortunate to come at a time with so many other financial pressures

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
I’m not quite sure why mums payment hasn’t gone up by 10% - I wonder if it’s in arrears so mainly March, not April.
She’s also in ur bracket @nitram sp that may also be contributing.

Everyone in the ‘system’ whether worker or patient seems to suffer. I’ve worked with disability for 20 years but only in the past 15th the when living with it do I really grasp how much socieTy causes you to pay for it too - in so many ways.

I was really struck how our gardener gets paid twice what a carer would do. He’s a very good gardener, but there’s something inherently wrong there.

well, we shall go out and enjoy the sunshine which is free and treat ourselces to a takeaway coffee - hopefully that won’t count to distribution of assets or inheritance tax 🤣🤣🤣

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my husband is only 75 so wouldnt get what you get. he then gets pension credit as he claims for me. im no where near pension age. they have changed the rules now in that both partners have to be retirement age.

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland

sdmhred "mainly March, not April."​

Probably a number of days paid at the old rate and the rest paid at new increased rate. Next payment would be for a whole month at the new rate.